Dr Alice Maynard CBE is an experienced Non-Executive Director having worked since the early ‘90s as a Trustee of several Charities and a member of two Housing Association Committees.
Alice was Chair of Scope for 6 years, a £100m turnover charity providing services to disabled people with high support needs and campaigning for disabled people’s equality.
Alice is a Chartered Director (Institute of Directors) and has worked in the private, public and third sectors and she has established two successful businesses of her own (Equal Ability and Future Inclusion).
Alice has spinal muscular atrophy and uses a powered wheelchair to get around. She lives in Milton Keynes.
Here are the links to the products and services Alice mentioned:-
- Hot tap Insinkerator http://www.aquathermservices.com/.
- Adam Thomas redesigned her kitchen. http://bit.ly/2VB5nr6
- Electric Toothbrush Oral B http://bit.ly/2D9BPtc
- Amazon Echo (Alexa) as a way of using SKYPE in an emergency https://amzn.to/2WlsaYt
- Remote controls for curtains pulling and gas fire
If you would like to appear on our podcast Gear, Gadgets and Gizmos please contact Chris Lofthouse. His email is chrislofthouse@RiDC.org.uk or call 0207 427 2467